How to open a folder in new tab:
- Middle-click on a folder icon*
- Double-left-click with Ctrl key pressed*
- Select the folder in view and press Ctrl + Enter key*
- Select the "Open in New Tab" in the context menu of folder (figure. 1)
- Drag folders or a tab and drop onto the tab bar
- Capture a window opened by other applications, desktop, or start menu
- Open Tab Group
To close tab:
- Middle-click on a tab*
- Click close button (x) of tab
- Click close buttons in Command Bar
- Select "Close" command in the context menu of the tab
*These are default setting and may vary depending on your settings.
This is a feature similar to bookmark. A group can contain multiple folders and it opens them at once.
To open a group
- Select a group item in Group drop-down menu of the Command Bar button (figure. 4)
- Select a group item in Group drop-down menu in Tab Bar context menu (figure. 5)
- By keyboard shortcut that you assigned to a specific group
- Execute QTTabBar Group File that you exported. Group File is shortcut file to groups
To add a folder to Group
- Select "Add to Group" command in the context menu of tab to add the tab to an existing group
- Select "Create new Group" command in the context menu of tab to create a new group containing the tab
- By keyboard shortcut - Ctrl + Shift + G by default creates a new group from active tab
- Edit in the Option window
Drag & Drop
Tab can be drop target. You can copy or move files and folders by dropping on tab.
In addition, you can even drop into subfolder of subfolder of subfolder of....tab; drop-down menu will pop up after you wait a second or two over the tab. See Subfolder Menu for detailed info.
Of course tab can be drag source too. Drag and drop tab to desktop or other window, and new folder window will open.
According to your settings, dropping tab can copy or move its folder. See Tab Options
|Various ways to close tabs||
|Lock a tab||
Locked tabs behave differently. By default, locked tabs are not closed by commands above.
As options, you can set locked tabs not to:
|Restore recently closed tabs||
Reopens tabs that are closed by a previous action. If no window, opens them in a new window.
This can be done by a tool named "RestoreWindow.exe". See Tools.